Dividend-News

Daily dividend news for investors in dividend stocks


The Retiree's Dividend Portfolio - John's June Update: Why We Dropped Boeing

Published Tue, 30 Jul 2019 15:10:06 -0400 on Seeking Alpha

That's right, we chose to sell Boeing (BA) out of John's Traditional IRA. Given the circumstances surrounding the grounding of the 737 MAX, I wrote about the decision to do this in the article, Why I Dumped Boeing - Even Though I Believe It Will Fly Again.
As many of you are probably thinking, I received mixed feedback in the comment section of that article. I estimate that 60% of people understood my criticism of Boeing while the other 40% couldn't fathom how I could hold such a blasphemous opinion. Well, a simple search regarding the 737 MAX just after midnight on July 25 produced a number of headline articles that provided further proof as to why we sold our position in Boeing. The New York Times suggested Boeing may stop 737 MAX production if the return of the jetliner is delayed any longer than necessary. Now, this confirms my uneasiness about Boeing because halting production on a plane with years of backlogged orders isn't a decision to be taken lightly. I think we can all agree that Boeing shutting down production (or even slowing production for that matter) is something that most investors would have never considered possible.
I think my position against Boeing is entirely reasonable because I am actually bullish when it comes to Boeing's long-term outlook, but their short-term outlook tells me that its current share price cannot be justified since management has been unable to convey the plan going forward with any semblance of certainty. The other big issue is that... Read more

Stock name Last trade   P/E Earnings/Share Dividend/Share Dividend yield
KITE REALTY GROUP TRUST 15.92   0.0 -0.27 1.27 8.07
IRON MOUNTAIN 34.14   28.4 1.20 2.44 7.29
ALTRIA GROUP 44.46   13.2 3.36 3.36 7.23
COHEN & STEERS INFRA FUND 27.26   0.0 0.00 0.00 6.88
OCCIDENTAL PETROLEUM 45.40   9.0 5.05 3.16 6.81
PACWEST BANCORP 38.27   9.9 3.86 2.40 6.49
BP 37.67   14.3 2.64 2.44 6.45
VEREIT 9.77   40.7 0.24 0.55 5.86
EPR PROPERTIES 77.15   22.8 3.38 4.50 5.84
MAIN STREET CAPITAL 43.18   16.8 2.57 2.46 5.69
BRIXMOR PROPERTY GROUP 19.68   16.5 1.19 1.12 5.68
AT&T 38.38   16.1 2.38 2.04 5.43
LAS VEGAS SANDS 60.15   24.1 2.50 3.08 5.22
UMPQUA 16.81   10.4 1.62 0.84 5.10
KINDER MORGAN 20.42   20.6 0.99 1.00 4.94
STAG INDUSTRIAL 29.50   47.6 0.62 1.43 4.93
DOMINION RESOURCES 78.54   53.8 1.46 3.67 4.77
WP CAREY & CO 88.72   31.4 2.83 4.14 4.73
LTC PROPERTIES 49.71   18.6 2.67 2.28 4.63
HEALTHCARE TRUST OF AMERICA 28.29   27.5 1.03 1.26 4.45
VALERO ENERGY 83.70   13.8 6.06 3.60 4.41
VENTAS 71.17   51.6 1.38 3.17 4.41
DUKE ENERGY 94.96   21.0 4.52 3.78 4.02
TORONTO-DOMINION BANK 56.54   11.9 4.74 2.22 4.02
VALLEY NATIONAL BANCORP 11.17   11.5 0.97 0.44 4.01
CHEVRON 121.42   15.7 7.72 4.76 3.91
REGIONS FINANCIAL 16.25   10.1 1.61 0.62 3.87
REALTY INCOME 74.49   56.9 1.31 2.72 3.69
BB&T 52.79   13.1 4.04 1.80 3.51
3M 170.58   20.6 8.28 5.76 3.41
WALGREENS BOOTS ALLIANCE 55.56   10.9 5.10 1.83 3.22
CVS CAREMARK 63.90   17.9 3.57 2.00 3.14
EATON VANCE 46.61   13.7 3.41 1.40 3.09
EMERSON ELECTRIC 64.71   18.4 3.52 1.96 3.02
PEPSICO 137.29   15.2 9.02 3.82 2.81
JPMORGAN CHASE 117.91   12.0 9.79 3.60 2.74
T. ROWE PRICE GROUP 118.12   14.9 7.95 3.04 2.58
CYRUSONE 74.17   0.0 -0.69 2.00 2.53
INTEL 53.01   12.4 4.29 1.26 2.43
TEXAS INSTRUMENTS 130.22   23.8 5.47 3.08 2.42
LEAR 126.05   9.1 13.84 3.00 2.32
BOEING 375.63   44.0 8.54 8.22 2.22
GENERAL DYNAMICS 189.41   16.8 11.25 4.08 2.17
PARKER HANNIFIN 181.60   15.8 11.46 3.52 1.94
PPG INDUSTRIES 118.21   23.3 5.08 2.04 1.74
DANAHER 141.74   41.6 3.41 0.68 0.50
OWENS & MINOR 7.10   0.0 -4.79 0.01 0.12

KITE REALTY GROUP TRUST - KRG
KITE REALTY GROUP TRUST - KRG  


Older articles featuring Kite Realty Group Trust (KRG):
Dividend Challenger Highlights: Week Of September 15
The Stunning Story Of Retail eREITs And Why Total Return Matters Even For Dividend Growth Investors - Part II
This 7.4%-Yielding Portfolio Will Survive A 2008 Repeat
The Retiree's Dividend Portfolio - John's May Update: When It Becomes Hard To Find A Good Deal
Dividend Challenger Highlights: Week Of June 23
Dividend Challenger Highlights: Week Of June 16
The Retiree's Dividend Portfolio - John's April Update: Focus On The Blended Yield
The Retiree's Dividend Portfolio - John's March Update - Let Your Dividends Do The Work
The Retiree's Dividend Portfolio - John's February Update - Game Of Thrones Edition
Do You Feel Lucky? 8 Lucky REITs That Yield 8% Plus

More