Dividend-News

Daily dividend news for investors in dividend stocks


Lanny's January Dividend Income Summary

Published Sun, 16 Feb 2020 12:44:46 -0500 on Seeking Alpha

SummaryTwo large dividend income checks came in.
We received a total of $131.70; 15% from retirement accounts and the other 85% was from the individual taxable portfolio.
Dividend income year over year is higher by $35.08 (including my wife's dividend income of $37.85 last year with mine).
Currently it's ice raining here in Cleveland. However, for the most part, winter has been warm and even sunny on a few days. One thing though is certain. Dividend income arrives - rain, snow or shine baby! Time to warm up and check on the dividend income that my stock portfolio delivered last month!
Dividend Income Dividend Income is the fruit from the labor of investing your money in the stock market. Further, Dividend Income is my primary vehicle on the road to Financial Freedom, which you can see through my Dividend Income and my Dividend Portfolio.
How do I research and screen for dividend stocks prior to making a purchase? I usually put the stocks through our Dividend Diplomat Stock Screener and trade on Ally's investment platform (one of our Financial Freedom Products).
I also automatically max out, pre-tax my 401(k) through work and my Health Savings Account. This allows me to save a TON of money come tax time (aka thousands), which allows me to invest even more. In addition, all dividends I receive are automatically being reinvested back into the company that paid the dividend. This helps take the emotion out of timing and making a decision.
Lastly, Dividend Increases add quite a bang to the portfolio as well. As you saw from my recent post in January, dividend increases added almost $415+ for 2019! I do this to show YOU the power of dividend investing - the increases are the trifecta in the dividend equation.
On to the numbers… In January, we (my wife and I) received a total of $850.56 of dividend income, almost to 4 digits, but we are hopeful to make it there next month in February. Consistent investing into the stock market, specifically... Read more

Stock name Last trade   P/E Earnings/Share Dividend/Share Dividend yield
NATIONAL GRID 51.29   0.0 0.00 4.01 7.94
BHP BILLITON PLC 44.50   0.0 0.00 3.12 7.08
OCCIDENTAL PETROLEUM 45.40   9.0 5.05 3.16 6.81
BED BATH & BEYOND 10.64   0.0 -4.29 0.68 6.35
PHILIP MORRIS INTERNATIONAL 74.90   14.9 5.03 4.68 6.12
CANADIAN IMPERIAL BANK OF COMMERCE 81.35   9.5 8.59 4.33 5.17
TOTAL 51.70   12.8 4.03 2.38 4.59
GLAXOSMITHKLINE 41.03   18.4 2.23 1.83 4.47
CARDINAL HEALTH 48.48   10.8 4.51 1.92 4.01
LEGGETT PLATT 42.18   19.6 2.15 1.60 3.82
CISCO SYSTEMS 49.93   19.2 2.60 1.40 2.85
PEPSICO 137.29   15.2 9.02 3.82 2.81
ILLINOIS TOOL WORKS 159.85   21.5 7.45 4.28 2.54

NATIONAL GRID - NGG
NATIONAL GRID - NGG  


Older articles featuring National Grid (NGG):
Bert's January Dividend Income Summary
Brookfield's Real Assets Fund Offers A 10.6% Yield But Not Much Else
Bert's August Dividend Income Summary
Sector Study: Communications Vs. Utilities Dividend Dogs
Activist Investors With $33T In Assets Push Companies To Change. Whose Dividends Might Go?
Bert's January Dividend Income Summary
Lanny's January Dividend Income Summary
3 Industries, 3 Dividend Stocks For The Downturn
Crushing $12,000 In Projected Dividend Income (As Well As Another Goal Too!)
50 Top Yield And Top Gain Utilities Glow As WallStars For December

More